July Theme: Climate and Nature
Submit your story!
It’s summer! This month, we’re spending more time outside, appreciating nature. Maybe you’ve also noticed more and more young people, like Greta Thunberg and Jamie Margolin, and a host of others, talking about how we need to protect our environment and climate.
They have definitely inspired me- both to protect our planet, and to enjoy it while I can. This planet belongs to all of us and it’s important that we take care of it.
This month, we want to hear from you about CLIMATE and NATURE.
Want to talk about climate and nature, but not sure where to start?
Here are some ideas:
- Share a meaningful time you spent in nature
- Explore how your community is tackling pollution, climate change, etc.
- Write about the Green New Deal, Paris Climate Accord, or other climate-based legislation
- Spotlight a National Park or other outdoor destination
- Write about your garden or local park
- Talk about your experience marching or protesting for climate
- Describe how you make the planet cleaner or how you go green
- Feature a youth-led movement
- Interview or feature a youth leader
- Share a bit about a climate/environmental activist from history
- Make a playlist
- Analyze a TV show, movie, or other piece of pop culture
- Something else entirely! The sky’s the limit- we love to hear and share all kinds of ideas.
We invite you to share articles, interviews, listicles, personal essays, art, poetry, photography, playlists, music- whatever format helps you share your thoughts.
Please send your submission, along with a short, 1-2 sentence bio, and a photo (optional) to hello at missheardmedia dot com! You can also use the CONTACT tab.
Finding Myself on El Camino by Alina Wilson
Girl Power Will Save the World: Climate Activists to Watch
VIDEO: Shoulders of Giants: Jamie Margolin and Rachel Carson
State of the Girl: The Inspiring Greta Thunberg by Astrid Newton