September Theme: Peace
Call for Submissions
DYK: September 21st is the International Day of Peace? The day is a UN holiday dedicated to ending war and violence. September is also World Suicide Prevention Month. Coincidence? Maybe. TAB member Hajra suggested MissHeard do a peace theme, and we think it’s a great idea!
This month, let’s talk about PEACE.
Want to share, but aren’t sure where to start? Here are some ideas and questions to spark inspiration!
- Do you think world peace is possible? Why or why not?
- What is a current obstacle to world peace?
- How can we make our communities/schools/families more peaceful?
- What does ‘inner peace’ mean to you?
- How can we prevent suicide?
- Why is suicide prevention so important?
- Feature a youth-led peace-building movement
- Interview or feature a youth leader
- Share a bit about a peace/anti-war activist from history
- Make a playlist
- Analyze a TV show, movie, or other piece of pop culture
- Something else entirely! The sky’s the limit- we love to hear and share all kinds of ideas.
We invite you to share articles, interviews, listicles, personal essays, art, poetry, photography, playlists, music- whatever format helps you share your thoughts.
Please send your submission, along with a short, 1-2 sentence bio, and a photo (optional) to hello at missheardmedia dot com! You can also use the CONTACT tab.