Wanted: Teen Advisory Board Members!
by Lindsey Turnbull
You’ve followed our amazing Teen Advisors, now it’s time to join the team!
I’m looking for the next generation of smart, savvy, engaged, diverse young women, ages 13-18, to share their experiences, likes, dislikes, goals, hobbies, and more to make sure that MissHeard Media is making the best, most helpful, empowering, relatable media and the best, most fun, most beneficial workshops.
You could say that it’s a pretty lofty goal.
The time commitment can vary, but you should expect to contribute 1-2 hours a month, which you can list on your college applications and resumes (if that’s your thing).
- Are you a young woman/female-identifying person, between the ages of 13 and 18?
- Do you want to connect with other awesome girls and women?
- Do you want share your voice through a platform for and by teens?
- Do you have opinions on just about everything, from clothes to TV to politics?
- Do you want to use your voice for good?
- Can you commit to volunteering for at least 12 months, on your schedule?
What can you expect (besides working with a group of awesome folks)? You will be asked to:
- Respond to monthly surveys/questions about your interests and MissHeard media and events
- Consider writing opportunities that could be published and shared
- On occasion, post about MissHeard Media on social media
- Share ideas to improve MissHeard
Writing…for MissHeard has truly caused me to think critically about my place in society and how I can use my voice to help others, and I’ve loved receiving…feedback. – Alina W., TAB, 2018
You will get:
- To share your opinions in a way that will reach thousands of young women globally
- Chances to earn free MissHeard merchandise
- To be a part of a supportive community (including a private WhatsApp group)
- The opportunity to be published and to share your story with the MissHeard audience
- A contribution you can include on your resume/college application
- Volunteer or service learning hours for school/scholarships/classes, upon request
- A letter of recommendation (upon request and successful completion of your commitment)
If this sounds completely up your alley, please send an e-mail to
hello @ missheardmedia.com (without the spaces) by February 7th with the following info:
- Instagram/TikTok/YouTube Handle
(I’ve been asked why this is a requirement: I’m just curious! I’m not going to call your parents or teachers.)
- Do you participate in any clubs or activities at school or in your community? If so, which?
- If you had a microphone and five minutes, what would you tell the world?
- What skills do you feel you need to improve?
- Why do you want to be part of the teen advisory board?
Please send all materials to hello @ missheardmedia.com (without spaces!) by Friday, February 7th! Include Teen Advisory Board in the subject line.