Call for Submissions:
Stress & Overcoming Challenges
DYK: November 7th is Stress Awareness Day? It’s a day to identify and (hopefully) reduce stress factors in your life. TAB member Hajra suggested this day as inspiration for a topic- and it’s a great one! Stress is challenging and it’s something that everyone faces in their lifetime. This month, MissHeard Media invites young women (and former young women!) to share their stories on stress and challenges.
November is also National Scholarship Month, National Novel Writing Month, and Native American Heritage Month- MissHeard Media accepts submissions on these topics as well.
THIS MONTH, LET’S TALK ABOUT S-t-r-e-s-s.
Want to share, but aren’t sure where to start? Here are some ideas and questions to spark inspiration!
- What do you think is the biggest cause of stress for young people?
- What is a current challenge you are facing?
- How can we reduce stress?
- Share a time you or a loved one overcame a challenge
- How do you stay persistent, focused, and/or resilient in the face of a challenge?
- Share a personal story related Indigenous Heritage, scholarships, or novel-writing
- Feature a youth-led movement
- Interview or feature a youth leader
- Make a playlist
- Analyze a TV show, movie, or other piece of pop culture
- Something else entirely! The sky’s the limit- we love to hear and share all kinds of ideas.
We invite you to share articles, interviews, listicles, personal essays, art, poetry, photography, playlists, music- whatever format helps you share your thoughts.
Please send your submission, along with a short, 1-2 sentence bio, and a photo (optional) to hello at missheardmedia dot com! You can also use the CONTACT tab.
Pre-Stress Stress by Darshni Patel
Overcoming Obstacles: Facing Stage Fright by Kira Taylor
Mix Music With Your Writing! by Olivia Marcum