Parents: Is Your Daughter Ready for College?
How To 101: Life Skills Crash Course
April 6th, 10:00am-4:00pm
Do you worry that your daughter isn’t *quite* ready to move out? Does she know how to handle daily challenges without calling you in a panic? Although you’ve done your absolute best to prepare her for the “real world,” you worry that something has been missed.
Of course you’re nervous- it’s a huge step in both of your lives! The truth is, your daughter is nervous too.
It’s natural for parents and daughters to be nervous when it comes to moving out, but that doesn’t mean that your teen can’t be extra-prepared. That is where MissHeard Media, a media and live events company that empowers girls to be savvy, smart, and global, comes in.
Register your daughter for the one-day MissHeard Media retreat, April 6th, 10:00a-4:00pm at Joe’s Movement Emporium, that teaches college-bound teen girls to navigate living away from home for the first time by re-affirming and practicing what you’ve already taught them at home!
In this one-day retreat, your daughter will learn life skills that will help her prepare for campus living! After the event, she’ll feel more confident and prepared to handle whatever comes her way, on campus and off, such as:
• Making a great first impression in a professional or personal setting
• Public speaking
• Being assertive without being aggressive
• Active listening, including listening to & responding to other viewpoints
• Managing stress & high-pressure situations
• Repairing clothes in a pinch
• Creating & sticking to a budget
• Filing taxes
• Writing & sending professional correspondence
• and more!
She’ll learn these skills by:
- Creating a space where she feels comfortable to share
- Taking teeny, tiny risks by being creative
- Practicing a new skill through hands-on activities
- Reflecting on what she learned through group discussion
- Celebrating her new skills!
By the end of our time together, she will leave with a new set of ‘adulting’ skills, a take-home booklet, and increased preparedness and confidence!
This event includes lunch, snacks, and small group activities, so space is extremely limited. Are you ready to give your daughter a boost as she steps into the real world?
Sign up now to ensure her seat >> https://howtolifeskills.eventbrite.com
Questions? Email Lindsey at hello [at] missheardmedia [dot] com or call 407 602-8347.